JxJ’s Virtual Cinema is presented on Eventive. For Eventive technical support, please review our Eventive tutorial here or contact our Ticket Office at 202.777.3250 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Film rentals vary in price and each ticket is per household. All tickets are subject to an additional platform fee of $1.50. Tickets for all events are limited.
You may purchase access to individual screenings by visiting JxJ event pages. You will need to create an Eventive account in order to gain access to virtual events. For more information on how to use Eventive and access events.
Rentals are non-transferable and we do not offer refunds. Once you purchase access to an event, you will have 72 hours to watch. If your rental includes access to a Q&A or panel conversation, a Zoom link will be emailed to you closer to the event.
JxJ’s Virtual Cinema is presented on Eventive. To watch films, you will be required to create an Eventive account and purchase access to virtual events on the platform. Here’s a quick guide on how to enjoy JxJ’s Virtual Cinema! For additional Eventive technical support after reading this guide, please contact our Ticket Office at 202.777.3250 or at email@example.com.
Eventive is JxJ’s partner platform which provides streaming and ticketing services for virtual festivals. All JxJ screenings are sold and streamed on Eventive.
JxJ Programs can be accessed from anywhere in the US (but not internationally). To get tickets to a program, click on the “Watch on Eventive” button at the bottom of the program’s webpage available at JxJDC.ORG/Events.
Follow the step-by-step tutorial on how to rent and watch via Eventive below. Click on images to enlarge.
Step 1: Once you have selected an event on JxJDC.ORG and clicked through the Rent button on the event page, you will be directed to the event’s Eventive page (see image).
Click on the “Rent Now” button in the center of the image. This button may say “Unlock Now” or “Pay-What-You-Choose Event” depending on the event. If you are already logged in to your Eventive account, skip to step 4.
Note: If you have already rented this event or you own a pass and are already logged into your account, the button may note this with the title “Unlock Now”, and you can enjoy the content immediately.
Step 2: Once you have clicked on the “Rent Now” button, a popup will appear requesting an email for account creation. Enter your email here and click continue.
If you already have an Eventive Account, this will lead directly to a Log In screen where you will need to enter or reset your password.
Step 3: If you are creating an account, the next screen will ask your name and request that you create a new password. Once this is done, click “Create Account”.
Step 4: You are now ready to purchase access to the event. This window allows you to enter a discount code by clicking on the “Have a discount code?” button, or purchase access by entering your credit card information and clicking “Add Payment Method”.
Once you have completed this step, your “Rent Now” button will become an “Unlock Now” button. Click “Unlock Now” to stream your content. If you would like information on how to stream on a different device, please refer to that section on this FAQ page.
There are many ways to get your Eventive rental on your favorite screen. The best way is to download the Eventive TV app on your device.
The Eventive TV app is available on Apple TV and Roku. Simply search for “Eventive TV” on your device and download the app. Once downloaded, open the app and sign in with your Eventive account. You should now have access to all your rented titles on the device you are using.
Some devices are not supported by the Eventive TV app. If you can’t find the app using your search function, there are some work-arounds you could try:
- Casting and Mirroring: Your device may allow you to cast the screen directly to your TV. To do this, you will need a device compatible with your TV. Here is a breakdown of a few popular casting options.
- Chromecast: If you own a Chromecast device and have plugged it into your TV, rent and play our films on a Chrome browser on any laptop or other device. An icon in the top right corner of your screen will allow you to cast the Google Chrome tab directly to your screen.
- AirPlay: Apple’s casting solution. Share your Apple device’s screen to your Apple TV by searching for the AirPlay or Screen Mirroring option.
- Android, Google, and Other Devices: Search for screen mirroring or casting to find your device’s native screen sharing solution. Your TV must be compatible with the device.>
- HDMI Cable: If your laptop has an HDMI port and you own an HDMI cable, you can wire your computer directly to your TV. Most equipment that plugs into your TV for video needs an HDMI cable – borrow one from your BluRay player or gaming console – and look through your computer or device’s screen mirroring options (you should receive a prompt as soon as your connect the two devices). Make sure your TV is preset to the same HDMI channel that you use to plug in your device.
- TV Browser: If your smart TV has a web browser installed, you can rent and play our films on your TV by visiting the Eventive page for the event you rented and signing in to your account.
A link to the Zoom room hosting the conversation will be emails to you 1 hour in advance of the event. This is done for security purposes. If you join the room early, the room admin will keep you in the waiting room until the event start time.
Yes. Unless otherwise stated, conversations will be recorded and added to the event page. The conversation will play directly after the film. You may skip through the film to skip directly to the conversation. Recorded conversations are also made available on the JxJ Facebook page at Facebook.com/jxjfest.
Rentals are only valid for the specific event for which they were issued. Passes are non-transferable.
By attending a JxJ Q&A, panel, or live conversation, the holder agrees to being filmed or recorded in the Zoom room, and to the publication, reproduction, distribution and other use of all photographs, video, or other recordings of the attendee’s voice or likeness, without further notice or compensation.
All JxJ programs can be accessed from anywhere in the US. Programs cannot be accessed outside the US. All programs will become available between December 3-10 only, but pre-sales are open and encouraged (there is a limited availability to tickets in the Festival).
Patrons are strictly prohibited from recording JxJ films, concerts, or live events.
JxJ reserves the right—without refund—to refuse admission, and/or cancel or take away the digital access of any person who violates these conditions. If a patron’s conduct toward Festival staff or other patrons is deemed to be hostile, aggressive, or otherwise inappropriate, they may also have their access revoked and be removed from Festival events.