Do you love film and music? Do you want to learn about the behind the scenes of a festival? Join our team!
Employment Type: Seasonal, Full Time from March 1-May 31, 2022
Special Considerations: 3-month, full time, contracted. Evening and weekend availability is essential. Full availability for May Festival (May 12-22) is a requirement.
Benefits: Gym access
Salary:$1,750 semi-monthly ($10,500 total)
Presented by the Edlavitch DCJCC, JxJ is a multidisciplinary arts program that encompasses the Washington Jewish Film and Music Festivals alongside hybrid arts programming. The public programming of JxJ is primarily split between a major annual Festival and a robust set of year-round offerings that take place in the newly constructed (as of Sep 2019) Cafritz Hall.
Between the Festival and year-round screenings and concerts, JxJ attracts over 30,000 patrons annually and is in an exciting period of expansion.
The JxJ Festival Communications Associate provides communications support for the annual JxJ Festival and related year-round programming, as well as leading customer service initiatives.
- Email: Assist in planning, crafting, and scheduling JxJ’s email communications, in collaboration with the Director of Communications and Operations.
- Communications Asset Production: Assist with the creation of communications assets, including pre-show slideshows, flyers, and event pages on JxJ website, in collaboration with the Director of Communications and Operations.
- Guest Management: Manage Festival guest travel and hotel stay, as well as ground transportation to and from venues, and daily itineraries. Liaise with guests to provide a pleasant and seamless experience.
- Event Coordinating: Support event production (Festival Opening Night, Closing Night, etc.), including room layout, catering, staffing, and general planning.
- General administrative and logistical support as needed.
- 1-2 years of experience in event production, marketing, social media, or outreach preferred. Preferably at least some experience in non-profit arts organization.
- Knowledge or ability to learn Photoshop, Publisher, and/or InDesign preferred.
- Passion for film and music programming.
- Outstanding collaborator and team player.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to use or learn to use Microsoft Outlook and Office Suite.
- Ability to multitask and work calmly under tight deadlines.
- Ability to participate ‘hands on’ in all aspect of event setup, management, and breakdown.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to Alexis Rodriguez at email@example.com. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please use “JxJ Festival Communications Associate” in the email subject line. We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
JxJ, a multidisciplinary arts project that encompasses the Washington Jewish Film Festival (WJFF) and the Washington Jewish Music Festival (WJMF), and Theater J, the nation’s premier Jewish theater company, seek a Part-Time Audience Services Associate to support the Edlavitch DCJCC’s centralized ticket office.
The Audience Services Associate provides ticket office and front of house support to ensure the highest level of customer service for our patrons through every stage of their ticket purchase process and visit for performances.
Ticket office shifts include daytime shifts Mon – Fri from 12 to 4PM, alongside 3 hour shifts at performance times (including nights and weekends). The role provides customer service, processing subscriber, passholder, and single ticket sales, and performing other administrative tasks. The Audience Services Associate also participates in Theater J’s annual subscription campaign, JxJ’s annual Festival at venues throughout DC, assists with group reservations, and other tasks as assigned by supervisor.
House management shifts oversee front of house operations. Shifts available based on the performance schedule, which includes nights and weekends. The role provides customer service, supervising volunteer ushers, managing concessions, operating limited technical functions of the year-round cinema space, and aiding audience members to make their visit rewarding.
- Candidates must have strong computer skills and the ability to learn new software.
- Experience using a customer database, POS, or ticketing system a plus.
- Strong customer service skills in person, in writing, and over the phone.
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor under pressure.
- Direct box office/house management experience preferred but not required.
- Must have a strong background in customer service
To apply, submit a resume, and short cover letter to Alexis Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. This is a paid, non-exempt position set at $16/hour.
The Edlavitch DCJCC is an inclusive equal opportunity employer.
JxJ is a multidisciplinary arts project that encompasses the Washington Jewish Film Festival and the Washington Jewish Music Festival alongside original cutting edge hybrid arts programming—all presented as one massive three-week experience, taking over the greater Washington region. Between the Festival and year-round programming, JxJ attracts over 25,000 patrons annually across 150+ events.
JxJ at the Edlavitch DCJCC is currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team as a JxJ Intern, at least 2 days (16 hours) per week. Internships are arranged based on the person’s availability – we do our best to work with your schedule. Interns will learn about nonprofit arts programming by assisting in multiple aspects of the year-round and festival programs including, but not limited to, marketing and community outreach, film proofing and print tracking, research, and special events. Summer interns have the unique opportunity to take part in a critical planning phase for Fall Year-Round programs.
- Track and coordinate Festival materials (filmmaker bios, headshots, etc)
- Work with the Operations Manager to track, receive, and distribute Festival films to venues
- Assist with ensuring all content is scheduled for and passes technical checks
- Research and enter into Zone Festival (database) events in consideration for the Festival
- Assist with planning special events including Opening, Closing and Centerpiece evenings
- Brainstorm, research and contact new community partners
- Coordinate and analyze social media
- Assist with coordinating Press Accreditation
- Work to distribute print programs to partners and local organizations
- Prepare and analyze audience surveys
- Assist with the creation of marketing materials, including flyers, press lists, e-newsletters
- Provide administrative support for daily office tasks
- Collaborate with the JxJ team to create innovative programs and reach new audiences
To apply, submit a resume, short cover letter, and availability to Alexis Rodriguez at email@example.com.
No phone calls, please. This is an unpaid position, school credit may be arranged.