Do you love film and music? Do you want to learn about the behind the scenes of a festival? Join our team!
Festival Logistics Coordinator
Employment Type: Seasonal, Full-Time, January 16, 2023 – May 26, 2023
Special Considerations: In advance of the Festival, there will be steady full-time work requiring mainly day-time availability. During the Festival, the workload will be full-time and the position will be expected to work evenings.
Salary: This temporary, seasonal position pays a flat rate of $10,000 and does not include benefits.
Presented by the Edlavitch DCJCC, JxJ is a multidisciplinary arts project that encompasses the Washington Jewish Film and Music Festivals. The public programming of JxJ is primarily split between a major annual Festival and a robust set of year-round offerings that take place in the newly constructed Cafritz Hall.
Between the Festival and year-round screenings and concerts, JxJ attracts over 25,000 patrons annually and is in an exciting period of expansion.
JxJ is seeking one seasonal Festival Logistics Coordinator for the 2023 Festival to oversee guest relations, volunteers, and the 2023 JxJ Teen Film Contest, as well as providing administrative and logistical support to the JxJ team.
- Manage Festival guest travel and hotel stay, as well as ground transportation to and from venues, and daily itineraries. Liaise with guests to provide a pleasant and seamless experience.
- Support JxJ Artistic Director in the preparation and implementation of JxJ’s 2023 Teen Film Contest.
- Support JxJ Production Coordination in recruitment, scheduling, and training JxJ’s Volunteer core.
- Assist with JxJ Pass preparation and delivery, in coordination with Ticket Office Manager.
- Provide onsite support during the 2023 JxJ Festival.
- General administrative and logistical support as needed.
- Training and guidance will be provided throughout, but the successful candidate will be a creative self-starter who is capable of independently managing detail-oriented tasks on a deadline.
- Previous Festival or arts-based event experience preferred.
- It is extremely important that the Festival Logistics Coordinator be an effective communicator and problem solver, and a personable, friendly, customer-service oriented team member.
- Outstanding collaborator and team player
- Proactive problem solver
- Ability to multitask and work calmly under tight deadlines
- Ability to participate ‘hands on’ in all aspect of event setup, management and breakdown
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please use “Festival Logistics Coordinator” in the email subject line. We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.