Do you love film and music? Do you want to learn about the behind the scenes of a festival? Join our team!
Employment Type: Full-Time, Salaried
Benefits: Generous health, vacation, and retirement benefits. Transportation and gym access benefits.
Start Date: December 2023 (in person)
Theater J, the nation’s premier Jewish theater company, and JxJ, a multidisciplinary arts project that encompasses the Washington Jewish Film Festival and the Washington Jewish Music Festival, seek a Ticket Office and Front of House Manager to manage the Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC) Arts Ticket Office and front of house staff.
Theater J and JxJ are arts programs within the Edlavitch DC Jewish Community Center (EDCJCC), which provides educational, social, cultural, and fitness programs to the DC community inside and outside the beltway.
Since 2019, Theater J and JxJ collaborate on a centralized Ticket Office which serves both programs’ customers and is run by the Ticket Office and Front of House Manager (TOM). The Ticket Office and Front of House Manager works closely with Theater J’s Director of Patron Services and JxJ’s Managing Director in overseeing the many events of the Theater J and JxJ seasons.
- Administrating and managing the ticket office.
- Assisting Director of Patron Services and Director of Communication and Operations in recruiting and hiring staff.
- Scheduling, training, and supervising ticket office and front-of-house staff.
- Using Spektrix ticketing software to sell tickets, Theater J subscriptions, and JxJ passes and memberships.
- Supporting Theater J and JxJ-specific events
- Providing insights for and feedback on Theater J marketing efforts
- Serving as the first line of customer service to all patrons.
- Experience in providing excellent customer service
- Experience managing, supervising, or organizing people, professionally or otherwise
- Familiarity with theater, music, film, or other live performance events or organization
- Exceptional communication skills in person, over the phone, and in writing
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks during both periods of increased pressure, such as pre-show, and periods of slower workflow
- Flexibility of schedule, this is a full-time position, but night and weekend shifts will be necessary during Theater J productions and JxJ events
- Experience using a customer relationship management (CRM) or point of sale (POS) software, and comfortable learning new computer systems. Familiarity with Spektrix is a plus, but not a requirement
To Apply: Please email a cover letter and resume to Jasmine Jones, Director of Patron Services, Theater J at email@example.com, using the subject line “Ticket Office and Front of House Manager”
The EDCJCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We strongly encourage individuals from historically underrepresented communities to apply.
Employment Type: Seasonal, Full-Time, January 15, 2024 – May 24, 2024
Special Considerations: In advance of the Festival, there will be steady full-time work requiring mainly day-time availability. During the Festival, the workload will be full-time and the position will be expected to work evenings.
Salary: This temporary, seasonal position pays a flat rate of $12,000 and does not include benefits.
Presented by the Edlavitch DCJCC, JxJ is a multidisciplinary arts project that encompasses the Washington Jewish Film and Music Festivals. The public programming of JxJ is primarily split between a major annual Festival and a robust set of year-round offerings that take place in the newly constructed Cafritz Hall.
Between the Festival and year-round screenings and concerts, JxJ attracts over 25,000 patrons annually and is in an exciting period of expansion.
JxJ is seeking one seasonal Festival Logistics Coordinator for the 2024 Festival to oversee guest relations, volunteers, and the 2024 JxJ Teen Film Contest, as well as providing administrative and logistical support to the JxJ team.
- Manage Festival guest travel and hotel stay, as well as ground transportation to and from venues, and daily itineraries. Liaise with guests to provide a pleasant and seamless experience.
- Support JxJ Artistic Director in the preparation and implementation of JxJ’s 2024 Teen Film Contest.
- Support JxJ Production Coordination in recruitment, scheduling, and training JxJ’s Volunteer core.
- Assist with JxJ Pass preparation and delivery, in coordination with Ticket Office Manager.
- Provide onsite support during the 2024 JxJ Festival.
- General administrative and logistical support as needed.
- Training and guidance will be provided throughout, but the successful candidate will be a creative self-starter who is capable of independently managing detail-oriented tasks on a deadline.
- Previous Festival or arts-based event experience preferred.
- It is extremely important that the Festival Logistics Coordinator be an effective communicator and problem solver, and a personable, friendly, customer-service oriented team member.
- Outstanding collaborator and team player
- Proactive problem solver
- Ability to multitask and work calmly under tight deadlines
- Ability to participate ‘hands on’ in all aspect of event setup, management and breakdown
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Please use “Festival Logistics Coordinator” in the email subject line. We thank everyone who applies for their interest, but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.