Do you love film and music? Do you want to learn about the behind the scenes of a festival? Join our team!
JxJ is a multidisciplinary arts project that encompasses the Washington Jewish Film Festival and the Washington Jewish Music Festival alongside original cutting edge hybrid arts programming—all presented as one massive three-week experience, taking over the greater Washington region. Between the Festival and year-round programming, JxJ attracts over 25,000 patrons annually across 150+ events.
JxJ at the Edlavitch DCJCC is currently seeking highly motivated individuals to join our team as a JxJ Intern, at least 2 days (16 hours) per week. Internships are arranged based on the person’s availability – we do our best to work with your schedule. Interns will learn about nonprofit arts programming by assisting in multiple aspects of the year-round and festival programs including, but not limited to, marketing and community outreach, film proofing and print tracking, research, and special events. Summer interns have the unique opportunity to take part in a critical planning phase for Fall Year-Round programs.
- Track and coordinate Festival materials (filmmaker bios, headshots, etc)
- Work with the Operations Manager to track, receive, and distribute Festival films to venues
- Assist with ensuring all content is scheduled for and passes technical checks
- Research and enter into Zone Festival (database) events in consideration for the Festival
- Assist with planning special events including Opening, Closing and Centerpiece evenings
- Brainstorm, research and contact new community partners
- Coordinate and analyze social media
- Assist with coordinating Press Accreditation
- Work to distribute print programs to partners and local organizations
- Prepare and analyze audience surveys
- Assist with the creation of marketing materials, including flyers, press lists, e-newsletters
- Provide administrative support for daily office tasks
- Collaborate with the JxJ team to create innovative programs and reach new audiences
To apply, submit a resume, short cover letter, and availability to Alexis Rodriguez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls, please. This is an unpaid position, school credit may be arranged.